Further Education and Training (FET) Certificate in Payroll Administration Services (NQF Level 4, SAQA ID: 93995)
We look forward to our intake of students and we are delighted to see the number of students undertaking the Further Education and Training Certificate in Payroll Administration Services this year. The number of students enrolling this year reflects the prestige of this qualification as the growing recognition of the professionalism of the payroll industry. The details hereunder will hopefully persuade you to set off on a journey towards a very worthwhile and rewarding FULL qualification. We wish you all every success for the coming year.
Payroll Education (Pty) Ltd includes the following amongst its objectives:
- To promote a high professional standard amongst those involved in payroll
- To provide a nationally recognised body to represent members’ views and influence legislation
- To identify the training needs of those involved in payroll
- To encourage a national and regional exchange of information and to offer an advisory service to members
- To provide a professional qualification covering the full range of payroll and associated subjects
The Further Education and Training Certificate in Payroll Administration Services is a full qualification to enable students to demonstrate their learning and expertise, whilst allowing employers to make certain their payroll administration is in professional hands. The course has been written by practicing Payroll Managers. So it is fully proven and subject to thorough moderation and assessment. Successful completion of the Further Education and Training Certificate course is determined by completing all assignments, written knowledge questionnaire and a Final Assessment, which will take place in the Regional Examination Centres. All successful candidates will be awarded the Further Education and Training Certificate in Payroll Administration Services which is a benchmark for the industry to show the holder’s competence in payroll.
On completion of the course you will receive the Further Education and Training Certificate in Payroll Administration Services issued by the SERVICES SETA.
What is involved?
- Calculation of employees’ net pay; weekly, monthly and bonus
- A number of written knowledge and skills questionnaires
- Questions are designed to test knowledge and skills of statutory regulations and carry a higher degree of difficulty
- Case studies are considered to check the understanding of current legislation and calculation processes
- To improve payroll performance by combining theory, best practice and common sense to ensure people are paid accurately and punctually
- To ensure a high level of practical competence in payroll administration
How Will You Benefit By Enrolling?
- Enhancing your career development prospects
- Enhancing your payroll skills and learning methods of best practice within the payroll profession
- Increasing your confidence and raising your level of expertise with the help of experienced experts in the payroll field
Your employers will also benefit by having you enrol on the Further Education and Training Certificate in Payroll Administration Services. They will benefit through:
- Gaining an improved service within their organisation
- The development of their staff with assured information that is both current and valid
- Reduce the potential for incurring penalties from South Africa Revenue Services and other Government and Local Government departments
- By being part of the driving force for a truly professional payroll-working environment
- Payroll Education has been FULLY accredited by the SERVICES SETA. Course fees paid by an employer can be claimed by them via the Levy Grant System through the relevant SETA.
Who Is The Certificate Designed For?
- Those who have not received formal payroll training
- Those with payroll experience wishing to translate that experience to a qualification
- Those qualified in an allied discipline wishing to become proficient in payroll administration
How Is The Course Structured?
The course is structured in consideration of people in full time employment, giving them enough time to complete the assignments after their workshop. The Further Education and Training Certificate in Payroll Administration Services qualification is gained by passing a Final Assessment, completion of written knowledge questionnaires and assignments to test your ability to work accurately in a pressurised environment. Final Assessments are taken at the end of the one year course and can be taken at a number of examination centres located throughout South Africa. The course is divided into 4 units which are completed over a one year period. These sections consist of:
- The objectives of the Payroll Department
- The functions of the Payroll Department
- Deductions from pay
- Other Functions of the Pay Office
Course Manuals and Additional Material
The course manuals consist of a set of specially written units. These units are divided up into booklets which cover each topic in depth. Where appropriate, each booklet has been further divided into separate study sessions. These study sessions will help you to manage your time effectively. They include exercises and activities designed to help you apply the study material to your own situation.
These allow your progress to be monitored within your company so that any issues you have can be addressed immediately. They also provide students with the opportunity to answer the type of questions that will be contained in the final examinations at the end of the course. As well as the support provided by Payroll Education, the written knowledge and skills questionnaires and assignments ensure that support and advice is available within your own company.
These unique workshops create an unrivalled opportunity to meet a wide range of payroll professionals and to consolidate learning and revise the principles learned on the course by putting theory into practice. The first workshop is an induction session at the beginning of your study year.
Workshop groups are small, and for every activity you will receive constructive comments from facilitators and colleagues aimed at improving your performance.
The Final Assessment is discussed and prepared during the Saturday Workshop sessions. These workshops are held on a Saturday morning from 9h00 to 14h00. They provide a great opportunity to further your studies and make new friends and contacts.
The complete cost of one year study includes:
- All Study material
- Additional reference material (Written knowledge and skills questionnaires and assignments)
- Assessment and Moderation
- 4 x 5 hour Workshops
- 18 years and older
- Matric certificate
Learning assumed to be in place:
- Computer Literacy at NQF level3
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF level 3
- Communication at NQF level 3
Once You Have Applied
You should normally hear of your acceptance into the Certificate course within 10 working days of the date we receive your application. An invoice for the amount due will then be forwarded. This must be paid before the course material can be dispatched. We regret that we are unable to refund fees once the course material has been dispatched. If you have any questions or need assistance regarding the Further Education and Training Certificate in Payroll Administration Services, please contact the Payroll Education office. Payroll Education has been FULLY accredited by the SERVICES SETA.
Course costs paid by employers can be claimed by the employer via the levy grant system through their relevant Seta. For more information regarding the claims, contact your training department.